Alteva - 10 Years
Previously known as Warwick Valley Telephone Company and USA Datanet.
|04/2009 - Current
||Manager of Engineering and Network OPS
|03/2006 - 04/2009
|03/2005 - 03/2006
||Technical Support Engineer
|11/2004 - 03/2005
||VoIP Support Specialist
|11/2003 - 11/2004
||Senior Internet Support Specialist
|08/2003 - 11/2003
||Internet Support Specialist
- Geographically independent manager, motivator and leader to a diverse group of Engineers.
- 24/7/365 senior level Switch Engineer responsible for all voice network gateways, applications and related systems.
- Highly skilled Sonus Switch Engineer with seven years of experience on the Sonus GSX, NBS, PSX, SGX, ADS, ASX, and EMS platforms.
- Responsible for the planning, provisioning, installation, monitoring, and support of ISDN/PRI, SS7/ISUP and VoIP circuits in a Sonus Networks telephony environment.
- Responsible for 50+ Unix production database and application servers running standard and proprietary applications in physical, virtual and cloud based environments.
- Configured and support high volume least cost routing on Sonus, TransNexus and OrcaWave platforms.
- Authored front and back end applications to facilitate corporate provisioning, monitoring and troubleshooting of network elements.
- Designed, implemented and support a high volume FreeSwitch cluster to provide fractional second dialer, fraud and loop protection with realtime blocking and alerting.
- Designed, implemented and support an Asterisk based cluster to provide advanced features/functionality to hosted SMB customers across Central NY.
- Serve in a sales engineer role attending customer facing meetings, providing demos, answering questions, and writing statements of work.
- Proficient at network documentation and experienced with version control, change control and datacenter management software.
- Work directly with customers from application design to implementation and long term support.
2011 Sonus Networks
- Access Solution Provisioning
2006 Sonus Networks
- Routing and Translations
- Advanced Routing and Translations
- Network Monitoring
- Trunk group provisioning and maintenance
2003 ITT Technical Institute, Liverpool NY
- A.A.S Information Technology Systems
- Awarded the “Program Chair award for outstanding performance”
Interests and Side Projects
- Open-source and open-standards advocacy
- Organic gardening
- Data visualization